| 73Q Music Videos | Vote On Clips | Submit | Login   |
Submitted Videos | Favorited Videos | Voting History | Comment History | Hopper History | Login to Compare
EvilHomer

Previous Next 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820
Comments
Why I think modern feminism is a joke
08/20/15, 12:07

>> Oh Homer, Homer, what am I going to do with you? The point is that there was a reason to get involved in Stuebenville

Whether there was a reason to get involved is a separate issue from who it was that got involved, and who it was that got involved is extremely relevant; perhaps, given the current discussion, the MOST relevant piece of information we can get! Again, the Steubenville rape gang was exposed, not by your hypothetical feminists, but by the Anonymous network - a seething cauldron of anti-feminist MRA activity, and the very same group which posted all those Boxxy rape fics you hated. Using OpRollRedRoll as an example of feminists having their priorities straight, makes about as much sense as citing the Tea Party as an example of Democrats supporting limited government, or claiming that Satanists giving money to charity is proof of the benevolence of the Catholic church. *Whom* is doing the what is clearly a critical piece of information.

>> There's no contradiction, and it's off the point.

I didn't say it was a contradiction, I said you were begging the question. A mere two sentences earlier, you summed up what you believe the manosphere's argument to be - "The implication seems to be that they're abandoning this woman because she used to be in the adult entertainment industry". In other words, according to you, the manosphere claims that feminists are blaming the victim. Then, in order to prove the truth of your own contrary position, you say that "no one's blaming the victim" - acting as though a lack of victim-blaming is already an established proposition, rather than the very thing you need to demonstrate!
What REALLY happens to your luggage at the airport
08/20/15, 11:04

I'm glad he did; it sounds like a great game, and I am checking it out now.

There's more to life than talking about Myth and fat women, Mr Gmork!
Why I Was Missing
08/20/15, 10:28

Roommates of Unusual Size?
Why I think modern feminism is a joke
08/20/15, 10:20

I'm inclined to agree with you here, John, but there are two obvious problems with what you just said:

First, Steubenville was not a "feminist" thing. It was an "Anonymous" thing, and the Anon network is famously pro-MRA.

Second, you're begging the question with the statement "No one's blaming the victim because she was drunk or something". The accusation from the manosphere, according to you, is that people ARE blaming the victim - they are blaming her because she was a sex-worker. This accusation may be unfounded, but it has been made; you just said so yourself!
Rare footage of a shoebill in the wild
08/20/15, 06:13

If you have any fun furry vids or furry art you'd like to share, you should post them here! Poe has long had a love-hate relationship with the furry community, and I know many of users would greatly appreciate new furry stuff.

I think my Pitasus (Pegabull?) would associate with dogs and also maybe gryphons, seeing as this species is influenced by Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Dash has a gryphon friend. Mostly dogs, though, since I've never been a fan of gryphons myself; I don't hate them, because it's hard to hate something with wings, but for whatever reason, they are one of my least favorite winged mythological creatures. I think maybe it's the lion body.

You say that weird creatures are fun to draw... what kinds of weird creatures do you like? Have you invented any chimera species of your own?
Rare footage of a shoebill in the wild
08/19/15, 20:05

Ten years?! You must have a lot of great war stories!

Weird question: where would half-pitbulls/ half-pegasus-ponies fit?
Nick Bravo's prison release date confirmed.
08/19/15, 18:40

I live on the other side of the country and have seen what Nick does to his roommates. Besides, I don't know Nick very well; I have only communicated with him a handful of times, and he didn't seem to like me for some reason. It's possible that someone will take him in - he had a small network of Google Hangout friends - but his tightest support group, Tim and G4T, will obviously not be there for him.

I think the biggest problem for Nick will be not violating parole. He loves threatening people and waving guns around, so that will be a major hurdle for him; also, he will probably be required to both abstain from drinking and find a full-time job, neither of which are likely to happen.
Rare footage of a shoebill in the wild
08/19/15, 18:04

Do you know many bird furries? Also, do birds have their own special sub-community, like how reptile and dragon furries are considered scalies?
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/19/15, 12:45

>> I'm not kidding when I say that I've never had a fully-formed unchaste thought about Catie Wayne, because the thought of her and me together makes me feel old and ugly. It's completely innocent,


But you've obviously thought about it; half-formed thoughts, at the very least. And note, too, the reason you gave for your gallantry: it's not because she's unattractive. It's not because you feel it would be morally wrong to lust after her. It's because fantasizing about Catie would make you feel old and ugly.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you being creepy, John. I think it's totally natural for any man, even a man your age, to have feelings for a girl like Catie. It's not the sort of thing which is accepted in polite society, of course, but I think that given the collapse of traditional sexual mores, it's difficult to think of a reason why you should be looked upon as any more "creepy" than, say, a crossdresser. You should not be ashamed of who you are.

One thing I will say, though, is you probably should have played up the gay angle. Now obviously you aren't exclusively homosexual, nor even perhaps predominately so, but nevertheless. an elderly gay man being obsessed with Boxxy would be far easier for most people to accept than the same behavior from an elderly straight guy. Catie could have been played off as your own personal Judy Garland, rather than as your own personal Dolores Haze, and you would have avoided a lot of grief.
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/19/15, 05:21

>> But the feed is customized. You choose who you follow. Therefore, in effect, information that is relevant to your interests comes looking for you.

That's really stretching it. *At best*, we might say that Twitter can be a form of Google for lazy people; people who aren't even assed enough to get up and find relevant content for themselves. Rather than search the web for stuff that might be interesting, the users in your hypothetical example go to Twitter and hope that a celebrity finds something interesting for them.

>> I already told you why, and you ignored me. Its because the short format allows someone to scan through a large number of personal messages quickly, and respond quickly.

I didn't ignore you, and you're answering the wrong question. I wasn't asking why people use Twitter, I was asking why celebrities are the content creators Twitter is best adapted for. -Of course- Twitter allows people to scan through large numbers of personal messages quickly! But why might that feature be of particular interest to celebrities and consumers of celebrity-culture? That is the question.

Again, it is because large numbers of short-form personal messages (i.e. dumb bullshit) are of great interest to the masses, _if_ these messages were posted by famous, attractive entertainers. It's not that the Tweets themselves are of any lasting value, but rather that Twitter makes it easy to get star-struck and feel like you've got a vicarious connection to glamorous people.

Twitter is dumb. Some people like dumb. If you like dumb, then that's OK, but you need to own up to that dumbness.
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 19:46

^ Am not making fun of you. Physiological effects like that are worrying, and you may wish to look into CPT (cognitive processing therapy).
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 19:40

I don't think I read that post. Was that what started your infamy? I know "JHM is a creepy sex-pervert" has been a running joke for ages, but I had no idea that you were able to trace its origins back to one specific post. That's sort of interesting, in a way!

>> As I type these words into my phone, my body tenses up.

For serious? Like, not joking, your body actually tenses up?

It's possible that you're suffering from PTSD. That definitely sounds like a stress reaction, and if this was an episode that has been bothering you for the past decade, negatively affecting your quality of life, then it may be something you should look into.
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 19:29

That's a bad comparison and you know it.

Twitter isn't a search engine. It's not set up in such a way that people will go to it looking for links that are relevant to their interests. It's a micro-blogging service; people go to it looking for random gossip and advertisements masquerading as casual communication.

And yes, celebrities use Twitter to communicate with fans. They are the content creators that Twitter is best adapted for. Why? Because there are always starstruck fans eager to read whatever random, pointless bullshit their favorite celebrities are Tweeting. Maybe you're one of those people, Mr Holmes? Maybe you're the sort of guy who gets a lot of stimulation out of seeing Ariana Grande type "bout to snuggle my liz for the afternoon ......... I'm so excited I had to tweet about it", or Jackie Chan type "Like if you're happy! (^_^)" ?

If that's the sort of stuff you're into, Twitter's great. If you want Google and Jane Austen, go to Google, search for Jane Austen.
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 14:34

If you want me to take something like that on faith alone, then you're going to have to provide some pretty solid Biblical citations.
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 14:07

But even then you're not using Twitter to post anything meaningful; you're simply using Twitter to post links to a better hosting service, one that's actually suitable for posting worthwhile content. Furthermore, odds are good that the thing you are linking to wasn't even written by you; why should I care that you posted a link to a Jane Austen novel? That Jane Austen novel wasn't your work and itcertainly couldn't have been created in Tweet-space; it existed, and will continue to exist, with no regards towards you or your Twitter account.

And *PMing* has unlimited characters? Who cares? If you're going to send a private message to somebody, then why don't you use, ohh I dunno, EMAIL? You could call them, text them, Facebook them, send them a Voxer message, or even write them a letter on a sheet of paper. The only real purpose for Twitter is to post socially - i.e. to interact with a whole bunch of people at the same time. If you're communicating privately, on a one-to-one basis, then why not use one of the hundreds of better alternatives you've got already?
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 13:32

John, why are you anti-sex?
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 13:13

Same here. I've never understood the appeal of character-limited microblogging; the way I see it, if the things you have to say can be summed up in 140 characters or less, then you're probably not saying anything worth bothering with.
How One Tweet Can Ruin Your Life
08/18/15, 13:08

For once I agree with you, SolRo. You should not be ashamed of who you are! I'd *prefer* if you acted a bit more mature and were willing to have intelligent, civilized debates, instead of just trolling and being an idiot all the time, but nevertheless, it is not good for people to pass personal judgments on you, and I am vehemently opposed to you censoring yourself.

For all your faults, you seem to know who you are, and are comfortable with the online role you have chosen. That's really cool, even admirable!
Bordertown Trailer
08/18/15, 12:58

I'm OK with Family Guy. I think a lot of the criticism leveled against it is valid, and it's probably my least favorite of the major "adult" cartoon shows (Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, Bob's Burgers, etc) but I loved it as a teenager, and despite not aging well, I would never say I "hate" Family Guy.

I tried watching American Dad. I think I've seen like eight episodes; I laughed precisely once the entire time, and that was at a sight gag involving furries. And The Cleveland Show, I saw the premier episode, and couldn't bring myself to watch it even a second time!


You make a good point about the animation style, Mr Pete. I was going to remark that the character designs look vaguely Bob's Burgers-esque; the lumpy heads and body proportions, in particular, strike me as a hybrid of traditional Family Guy and BB art styles. It looks really ugly, much uglier than either Family Guy or Bob's Burgers on their own. It also seems really flat, with washed-out colours and half-assed backgrounds that the characters blend into. Normally I'd say, it's the pilot, things will get better with time, but at this point I'm not willing to give anything Seth MacFarlane does the benefit of the doubt.
How to protect yourself,first time in prison
08/18/15, 12:24

... or, another possibility, you're just trolling. If the answers were "easily communicable", then surely you would be capable of doing so. The fact that you cannot defend your position after being called out, combined with your habit of being grouchy and mean to people, seems to indicate that your goal here was simple cruelty.

I'm not "posturing" about anything - if that's the impression you got from my post, and if this is why you got defensive, then again, I am sorry! I really and truly did not bring up Foucault in an attempt to say "I have read Foucault, I am smarter than you" - rather, I brought up Foucault because I think most people here ARE intellectuals and DO have a familiarity with his work (in other words, I knew I wouldn't be talking over people's heads; quite the opposite of what I would do if I wanted to be "posturing"). More importantly, I brought up Foucault because some of the points he made in the first half of "Discipline and Punish" are directly relevant to the discussion we're having. And they are... aren't they?


"Beliefs and views are purely performative for you." What a horrible, bullshit statement! I have to wonder if you even know what that statement MEANS, let alone how it might relate to the discussion at hand!

Here's my hypothesis - please don't take offense to this, and I am sorry if what I'm about to say hurts your feelings, but I guess if you're going to try trolling me, then I should be blunt. I believe that you, Maru, are a know-nothing know-it-all. You're an intelligent guy, but also a little narcissistic, and you're unable to reconcile your ego with that gnawing fear which tells you that you're probably not as smart as you want to believe. Perhaps you've had negative experiences in the past with other intelligent people. Perhaps you ;live amongst hipsters, and they've got you down. Whatever the case, your lot in life has led you to become bitter, cynical, and hostile.

You see me mention Foucault. You construe this as me being "intellectual", and as intellectuality-in-others is perceived as a threat by you, you suddenly get defensive and angry. The hurtful comments you posted above are not *rational* - that is to say, they are not based on any well-thought out reasons. They're simply the product of an emotional reaction, and now, instead of admitting you overreacted, you try to fall back on your own brand of empty, intellectual posturing - the sort of behavior which, ironically or not, you project onto me.

HarrietTubman probably suffers from the same problem ("there's a scene in Annie Hall" is one of the most insufferably pretentious phrases I've ever seen in a shitpost). And Woody Allen *definitely* suffers from the same problem! That scene in Annie Hall? It does indeed show the way certain people act, but it does not do so in the way the author intended - rather, it shows **how people like Woody Allen act**. Rather than having a lively, intelligent conversation with equals - as many people, including myself and my good friends here on poeTV, would so - Mr Allen instead throws a tantrum and makes personal attacks. The scene itself is a passive-aggressive revenge fantasy, penned by an sad, pretentious hipster. It tells us nothing of value about other people, but quite a bit about the way Woody views other people.


Don't be a Woody Allen, Maru. You're better than that. *If* you've got a valid issue with anything I said - such as, again, if you believe I've made an error in the way I characterized Foucault's thoughts regarding the basic patterns of violence underlying the criminal justice system - then please, by all means, correct me. I won't mind! I WANT to be corrected whenever I make errors, because that means I get to learn something new, and grow as a person!

And if you don't have a valid issue with anything I said, then just say so. You guys have obviously been e-staling me for awhile, so you know by now that I really like being kind to people. If you two were just blowing off steam, then hey, we all have bad days! I've been there too, so I won't hold it against you. We can still be friends.

Otherwise, you can go fuck yourself, Maru. You too, HarrietTubman. Some people just aren't very nice...!

Previous Next 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820




Video content copyright the respective clip/station owners please see hosting site for more information.
Privacy Statement