These Bad Lip Reading guys just get weirder and weirder.
Amazing Grace, come sit on my face, don't make cry, I need your pie
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry that there are people out there who still take him seriously.
Take him seriously? He's leading Iowa polls in November, meaning that this complete fake is definitely a serious candidate.
And he's done it by successfully adopting the role of a right wing caricature. Half of Americans are twice as stupid as you could have possibly imagined. Cain is seriously one of the most depressing political phenomena I've ever witnessed.
Its over. Nuke the country, start again. We failed.
The comments supporting him are pretty amazing. They actually think he is electable.
This sucks, but it's a small price to pay for that highlander marathon.
I just wanted to add that this press conference was him responding to questions about him sexually harassing women. This was how he closed it.
The GOP has only themselves to blame, as does anyone who votes for the GOP. Instead of getting a viable candidate like Huntsman (who accepts science) or Roemer (who supports OWS), they want:
* Romney (who Huntsman called an attempt at a perfectly lubricated weather vane)
* Perry (a creationist who gets drunk in NH and makes love to a bottle of maple syrup)
* Cain (who, also a creationist, has his only real claim to fame as being a CEO of some knock off pizza chain and a tax plan that won't work)
* Santorum (a creationist who is so vile that his name is synonymous with a by product of anal sex)
* Ron Paul (who, although is crazy, actually has principals and is honest, and thus will never get elected)
* Bachmann (who prays away gay and is married to a flaming homosexual so deep in the closet he can find clothes he hasn't worn in 30 years)
2012 ought to be interesting.
I find Ron Paul isn't so much "honest" as "a nutcase who tries very hard to stick to his story about how his delusions color how he thinks reality works."
* Gingrich (who only runs for president to skim campaign funds as his only major source of income, and whose solution for everything is to roll out an updated version of the very thing [the Contract on America] that got him hooted out of politics in the first place)
Speaking of Gingrich's tactics, remember when Pat Buchanan and his goons took over Ross Perot's Reform Party? When he did that, he got millions in matching campaign funds from the federal government. I never read anything about what he did with all that cash...
My prediction: The GOP ticket is going to be determined by American Crossroads and its kin. Several dozen donors are keeping the GOP afloat right now. The RCCC is practically bankrupt.
They are going to choose who they have always wanted to choose, Mitt Romney.
By 'honest', I meant Paul at least thinks he's telling the truth - but then I realized that so do creationists and that doesn't make them right. I guess I was trying to coin the old George Costanza quote, "It's not a lie, if you believe it." when he was telling Jerry how to beat a polygraph.
You know, the voters could support someone like Roemer or Huntsman, but it would require them to actually do their own research into the issues they care about instead of being told by the GOP what to believe. Plus, if they did their own research, hardly any creationist or revisionist would get a foot into the door, and even Paul wouldn't stand a chance.
The GOP is hedging it's bets by catering to the religious right, the old people who are scared of brown people, and anyone else that is too scared to think on their own and would rather be told by O'Reilly, Beck, and Limbaugh to be scared of. As a thought experiment, I keep wondering what would happen if someone got up and actually said not to run from science - but Huntsman already did and now he's vanishing in the polls. I keep wondering what would happen if someone told it like it is with Wall Street bullying the Federal Government, but Roemer does that every chance he can get (without wanting to get rid of all the banks) and never gets a chance at a GOP debate.
Either the media or the voters don't want the GOP to be sensible anymore, and because that will get them elected, they can't change course now.
He has a lovely singing voice. See? I forced myself to find something positive about this pizza man.
| Register or login To Post a Comment|