People without training should be disconcerting, honestly.
Seriously, you have to be a pretty massive pussy to not be concerned about cops beating people to death, but citizens wanting to ensure they're properly trained to use firearms to be scary somehow.
|The Mothership |
Aside from the Durkidurkistan comment, this is just your run of the mill tactical training session. I would much rather have people with guns knowing how to use them than the alternative. If I was insecure enough to carry a handgun around all the time, or a professional gun wielder, I would want to know how to bloody well handle it.
So you were watching a two and a half-hour video about shooting handguns and you thought you had to post this because some dude said "durka-durka-stan"? What?
If you want to start a discussion, post a lecture on the topic of militarism/nationalism or something, or find a better example of "scary gun people", which should be pretty easy. Or maybe you just want to teach us gun safety?
People being properly trained to use firearms is great. I wish more people did it.
Too bad the vast majority of them are xenophobic idiots with a huge axe to grind just itching for the opportunity to murder people they don't like in a manufactured circumstance that gives them plausible defense options. (or, none at all, re: Florida)
In my life I've only had a gun pointed at me twice...once during an armed robbery at the store I work at and then when some wingnut shithead got into a fight with someone in the parking lot over their pro-Obama sticker and figured the best way to voice political dissent was to wave a gun at people. So, yeah, cops can be shitty, but I'm far less scared of them than I am the people who think that arming themselves in the hopes they'll be able to kill people they personally want to be able to enact a grudge upon is somehow the solution to our police state problems.
That is pretty much my feeling on the issue too. I'm all for well-trained responsible adults having a reasonable side-arm. The hard part is ensuring that it's only well-trained responsible adults and only reasonable side-arms. There needs to be huge checks and balances put in place on who can have a firearm and what kind of firearm they can have.
Agreed. The ones who carry around the high caliber handguns (ex. .50 caliber revolver for 'self defense') worry me. Even assuming they hit the one they're aiming at, what about anyone standing behind the target?
Ha. Yeah, no key to the city for you. Black people? This is Wisconsin dude!
Excellent video demonstration of safety techniques. I am however curious as to Gmork's definition of "Military Mindset". Every branch of the DoD places firearm safety and accountability as the top priority.
- There is no such thing as an "accidental discharge"; only a negligent discharge (with guaranteed legal recourse).
- Military personnel must sign a receipt upon the draw and return of every weapon and every round. A single fifty-cent bullet is held to higher accountability standards than most government vehicles.
- Every firing range and training exercise (even those with no ammunition) that involve firearms will begin and end with inspection and clearance of every weapon, every time.
If anything, a "military mindset" should be a required standard for all gun-owners. Especially for anyone who thinks of familiarity with the safety standards of dangerous equipment as "Scary."
This is one thing I actually appreciate about growing up in Bumblefuck, Nowhere. Contrary to popular belief, 90 percent of gun owners around here are extremely responsible and follow the 3 basic rules:
1. Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
2. Never point a gun at anything you don't intend to kill.
3. Lock all guns away unloaded and securely when not in use.
And optional but also followed:
4. Store guns and ammunition separately in separate locations.
It's the weekend warrior types from the city who think we're all a bunch of dumb hicks and barrel into the country in their overpriced 4X4s and shack up in their rental trailers who're the most likely to shoot other people in acts of cold-blooded stupidity. We've had to politely tell more than a few of them to kindly get off our land and never come back, and to their credit, they did without an argument. I can tell some stories if anyone is interested.
I really only have 2 of any note:
1. My dad was good friends with guy who published his own hunting newspaper (and is in the Minnesota Fishing Hall of Fame) out of St. Cloud, Minnesota. He had a spoiled son who would drink too much and liked to shoot at noises. We told them specifically they could hunt anywhere on our property except this one specific spot that was only for my dad and uncle and my older brother. The morning my dad decides to go out to his specific spot, the spoiled son shot at the rustling noises my dad made as he walked, barely missing him and hitting the tree inches above his head. That was the day he told the guy "Get off of my property and never come back". And he never did, tho they remained in Christmas card contact and the guy kept sending him complementary copies of his newspaper.
2. Years later, a group of hunters out of Minneapolis wanted to set up an impromptu hunting lodge on the abandoned farm site we owned. In exchange for tearing down the old house and maintaining the lawn, we let them move his hunting trailer on the property and charged them an exorbitant amount of money to rent the homestead (if they were local hunters, we would of charged them a tenth of what we did). It evolved into a real under-the-table deal where in exchange for us renting the property to that one guy, we would turn our backs when the guy in turn would invite his friends and relatives to put their hunting trailers on the property at no charge, and soon 5 or 6 trailers (including a gigantic commercial-grade "party trailer") dotted the property. Anyway, one of the hunters (who showed up one weekend without the main guy around) got the bright idea to bring his homemade cannon and shoot off cement-filled soda cans into the lake behind the property, as well as destroy one of his old trailers for shits and giggles. Fine, no big deal. But then, he got REALLY drunk and thought it would be fun to blow a hole into the side of one of our grain bins, that while fortunately didn't have any grain in it at the time, was still usable, well, WAS, until he did that. We settled out of court, and the guy who brought the cannon was shamed into leaving the hunting party. Like I said, the rent money was nice.
Okay so i just watched your video and gay marriage just got legalized in nevada and thats where i live so i thought i'd post a response because gay marriage is legal and im gay and im going to marry a gay. And you say in your video that gay marriage isnt natural but i dont think you know anything about whats natural because you live inside a house and i saw pictures of you inside your room but i live outside in nature in the outdoors and you dont know what it is anything to be about natural because you eat food from the store and i eat food that i kill with a rock. i am a vegetarian and i eat plants but i kill all the food i eat with rock i kill plants with a rock and i make a computer thats made out of wood and i work on a computer thats made out of wood your computer's made out of technology so you shouldnt say anything about what it is to be natural and not to be natural because you dont know anything what it is to be natural but i live in vermont and i use a computer thats made out of wood and rocks. i eat computers that are made out of wood and rock and i use plants that are made out of computers and you dont know anything about what it is to be natural you should get married to a gay cuz im gonna get married to a gay and if you got garried to a may then you would learn anything about what it is to be natural. so if you want to learn anything about what it is to be natural you should go to the store you should buy wood that is made out of rocks and you should kill the computers with trees and then you would know anything about what it is to be natural and i dont know anything about what it is to be natural because im not gay and i got married to a gay. if you get married to a gay then you wont be gay anymore because the gays get married and they become straight because they are married to each other and marriage is between a man and a woman so one of them is going to turn into a woman or a man and if their either a woman or man and not either and they already and theyre gonna get married to a gay. so if you dont get married to a gay then you wont know anything about what it is to be natural and i'm gonna get married to the gay natural and gonna be made out of wood and to the gatural and the nay. and youre gonna get married to the gay to the natural gay and theruingeonoing apajack
^^ the last sentence (or two?).
| Register or login To Post a Comment|