|Oscar Wildcat - 2014-08-13 |
1:40 : So the Palestinians have Jaegers now. That explains everything.
|That guy - 2014-08-13 |
This defies "all" logic, right echo chamber?!?!?!
Well, I guess if you use the logic of a raving lunatic, then it could make sense. Baleen?
SolRo on abortion: "It's 100% _____ and the other side that says _____ doesn't have a single point in their favor"
What a fucking nuanced world you live in.
|baleen - 2014-08-13 |
Contains fewer tires than I had hoped.
That's the genius of this plan. You noticed in the prior clip, how the Palestinians were able to dominate the Israeli army by virtue of being uphill from them. Thanks to these new borders, they will always be uphill from the arabs. Tire threat is now neutralized!
|SolRo - 2014-08-13 |
'need to conquer couple countries worth of border space to protect ourselves from neighboring countries that we piss off by invading and bombing whatever we want.'
Israel really shouldn't exist. The people in charge can't be trusted with a country.
It was created by annexing land from another country and has a history of performing ethnic cleansing on the native population, war crimes, ignoring international law, etc, etc. They've more than proven they cannot be trusted with the land.
So now that it does exist, your geopolitical solution is.....
Don't forget that Sampson Option trump card they've got up thier sleeves.
Or as some would say: "How I stopped worrying and learned to love Zionism."
You know, SolRo, the whole reason the Palestinian conflict started was because the Muslim world didn't want to give Israel a chance to exist, and the only reason it's still going on is because the Palestinian leadership, which is and always has been little more than a front for Jordanian foreign interests, refuses to acknowledge Israel's right to exist. The Israelis have, on quite a number of occasions, offered compromises that most Palestinians would gladly accept... only the peace talks inevitably break down, because the ruling Palestinian minority thinks there can be no peace unless Israel ceases to exist. I think most of us here - even the most ardent Palestinian supporters - would readily acknowledge that this intransigence is a serious problem, and eliminating Israel completely is not a valid solution. Most of us, but evidently not you...?
It's hard to fathom exactly how you manage to keep a straight face while, on the one hand, condemning the "ethnic cleansing of native populations", and on the other, calling for the re-extermination of the land's original native population, the Jewish people.
You know, Cena, that's not a bad idea. I'd certainly be more than happy to share a two-state solution with my Native American friends.
The Palestinians are really no different from gun-toting rednecks, seeking to drive off all the Mexicans and Indians from the lands white people have tentatively held for the last few centuries. Sure, I don't want to see all the whites in the American West get exterminated, and if the Sioux ever started shelling schools and hospitals in Omaha, I'd be among the first to slap on a Patriotstine-solidarity armband and hand out flyers at the local community college. But still, you guys have to remember: the Natives were here first, and you gotta share!
(of course, we DO already have a two-state solution in regards to the Native peoples; our system of reservations and tribal autonomy. It's not perfect, and it would be nice to see the Natives get more of their land back - but for bucks sake, people! If genocidal assholes like Andrew Jackson could learn to at least tolerate the existence of indigenous peoples, then surely the Palestinians and their supporters can, too?)
That whole "they're already there" thing is a) bullshit and b) would be ok if Israelis could restrain themselves from killing thousands of people for not being Jewish.
ship them off to some island in the middle of the pacific, because they cant seem to get along with anyone but themselves.
"You know, SolRo, the whole reason the Palestinian conflict started was because the Muslim world didn't want to give Israel a chance to exist"
That's such a massive bullshit lie that it's not surprising you're repeating it.
Read through the rest of this garbage you posted.
You're a fucking idiot.
I don't even know where to start pointing out how horrible a person you are with the shit you believe.
"calling for the re-extermination of the land's original native population, the Jewish people."
I don't think that questioning the legitimacy of a state-entity is the same as calling for the extermination of its population. people can just move out of their levantine colony to somewhere else
i can't think of any other cases in modern times when some vague claim of 'we were here first' has been used to justify the creation of a new state. it's a reasonably baseless argument.
|Scynne - 2014-08-13 |
Okay, so I'm no expert, but this makes sense to me. They don't want to give up half their country. Can you really knock them for that? Not evil.
they're talking about taking over what's left of Palestinian land.
|Binro the Heretic - 2014-08-13 |
The video states the root of the problem in the first thirty seconds:
"Israel is a small state surrounded by Arab countries six-hundred fifty times its size, some of which are large bases of global terror."
Is there really enough military force in all the world to keep them out forever?
What if we give you Nebraska? All of Nebraska and we'll move everything brick-by-brick and set it up in the middle of Nebraska exactly the same and you'll have the whole rest of the state to spread out to with nobody lobbing rockets at you.
I like this idea Binro, but such a thing already exists! It's called the island of Manhattan.
|Bort - 2014-08-13 |
So I'm trying to wrap my head around the history of the conflict; this is how I understand it. Where am I off?
1) Before the early part of the 20th century, Jews had very little presence in the Israel / Palestine region.
2) Jews started buying up land in what we now know as Israel, particularly after WWI when the British were in charge. This caused an increase in the Jewish population while simultaneously displacing tenant farmers from lands bought from British / Arab / Turkish landowners.
3) After WWII, the UN mandated the creation of a Jewish state (Israel) next to a new sister state (Palestine). By this point, Jews had bought, what, 10-15% of the land of Israel. (I am finding it difficult to locate a trustworthy, dispassionate source on how much land Jews bought.) Muslims in Israeli territory were not expelled, though it was made fairly clear that they might prefer to live next door in the far less Jewy Palestine.
4) Surrounding Arab states objected to the existence of Israel, and tried to invade in June 1948. Israel struck back the following month and increased its holdings, including half of Jerusalem. At least some Muslims were expelled and murdered as Israel acquired this extra land, but expulsion and murder weren't universally the case. Basically, where the military misbehaved, Israel turned a blind eye.
5) 1967, and the militaries of the surrounding Arab states all appeared to be ready to invade Israel; for example the majority of the Egyptian military was deployed in the Sinai Peninsula. Israel opted to strike first, beat back the various Arab states, and claimed lots more land. Muslims weren't expelled from the disputed territories, but they are second-class citizens under Israeli authority.
6) 1982: the Sinai Peninsula was returned to Egypt.
4) actually started as a civil conflict (because what the hell would happen when a large part of your country is annexed by foreigners) that turned to civil war and got worse in part because Israel started ethnic cleansing of local arabs and conquering territory.
Israel basically got established and immediately rejected the plan that established it, conquering as much territory as it could...because the bible or some garbage.
The Palestinians lost their civil war pretty quickly because of Israel's foreign backing and weapons suppliers. Then Israel started ethnic cleansing to "reduce the size of Israel's prospective large and hostile Arab minority, seen as a potential powerful fifth column, by belligerency and expulsion".
The Israeli terror tactics worked very well and soon Palestinians began to flee the country, causing large numbers of refugees into the neighboring foreign countries.
the refugee problem, the prospect of unending Israeli expansion and all-out genocide of Palestinians by Israel caused the Arab countries to intervene (though most also had ulterior motives to do with wanting prestige, regional power and/or Palestinian land for themselves)
| Register or login To Post a Comment|