|dairyqueenlatifah - 2016-01-04 |
I don't think I've cringed quite as much in a theater as I did when I saw this trailer.
|atheistgirl - 2016-01-04 |
Maybe the world will end before it's released.
|Fur is Murder - 2016-01-04 |
When it comes to animation quality, this is one teeny tiny step above those Brazilian Pixar knockoffs.
|Xenocide - 2016-01-04 |
The movie isn't even out yet but they've already greenlit two direct-to-video sequels. No, really.
A movie me and a few others were offered isn't even cast yet and they already have a TV series planned.
It's just a cheaply made CG movie just to sell to the kiddies. Nothing too evil. Yeah, it's crappy, but just adequate enough to pass as a real movie.
Can't find any porn of it yet, which is always disappointing, and a sure sign that the franchise is in trouble.
There's a guy on DA who likes to head-swap Norm of the North characters with other cartoons, but I'm not sure if it's a SFW fetish thing or just an OCD thing.
He's not a very cute polar bear either, unlike that polar bear from that show that interrupts Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go
Wow looking it up it does have an impressive voice cast, which is more Bobs Burgers/Rick and Morty-caliber comedians than TTG's or MLP's or SU's or others on the childrens portion of the Cartoon Network.. too bad it's really fucking dumb.
Oh but Norm scored Bill Nighy! That's some serious BAFTA shit.
|Spaceman Africa - 2016-01-04 |
needs the "Fuck you it's january" tag
Yeah, that really needs to be a tag.
-We're getting "Norm of the North" in January 2016
-We got "Strange Magic" in January 2015
-We got "The Nut Job" in January 2014
"Horrible January Animated Feature" seems to be a Hollywood tradition now.
Yeah normally it's been like "fuck you it's oscar season" in january but this year it's "fuck you star wars is sold out and you're already here season".
Speaking of Oscars, I haven't been hearing about a lot that's good during this time. The only good movies I've seen have been Mad Max and Sicario, which probably won't get nominated for Best Picture. Hateful Eight's a given, but The Spielbergs, Zimeckises and the rest of the usual suspects' films kind of bombed, maybe not critically but came out too early for the easy "you missed the best picture of the year" crowd draw after the nominees are announced.
Studios do this on purpose in the same way they unload their shit, because they'll still be showing the same movie week after week and not have to change up anything if it's nominated, the non-nominations getting a tax writeoff beacuse their release was more limited than anticipated. Hell, we had My Big Fat Greek Wedding at the theatre for EIGHT FUCKING MONTHS because of this, and I don't think it was even nominated for anything.
|Meerkat - 2016-01-04 |
"Rob Schneider" and "utter shit" tags are redundant.
is it ok that I thought Ladies Man was pretty funny? :(
Deuce Bigalow is still one of the funniest movies ever
Aw fuck fuck fuck I meant to say Deuce Bigalow, not Ladies Man. Thanks 90s-vision. But actually Ladies Man was pretty funny too if I remember.
|kingarthur - 2016-01-04 |
The Taylor Swift Conglomerate providing the music is the shot icing on the badly rendered and animated and acted shit cake.
The use of that song was probably half their budget.
|Hooker - 2016-01-04 |
The voice acting seems whispered and hesitant as if they couldn't remove the lingering doubt of everyone involved in this.
|gmol - 2016-01-04 |
It looks fine (some of the speech sync seems way off...presume it is just the encoding of the trailer)...why all the cgi hate?
Pretty standard character designs, the similarity between Chloe Park and the character at 1:33 is a coincidence I guess.
I usually have to sit through these movies at work (and I'll probably sit through this one too) and it's not the CGI that's the problem: but 30 years we won't be talking about CGI the same way we talk about classical special effects artists, because 95% of CGI material is bullshit cashgrabbing, and the other 5% is creative use of CGI.
|Rodents of Unusual Size - 2016-01-05 |
FUCKWAT THE BEAR
STARRING ROB SCHNEIDER AS...A BEAR!
| Register or login To Post a Comment|