|matlock - 2016-05-07 |
Way too long for me to suffer through, but the first 5 minutes and the YT comments really pay off.
|Binro the Heretic - 2016-05-07 |
Oh, for crying out fucking loud.
|Bort - 2016-05-07 |
Here, have a recent Neal Adams "Batman" comic. It's Free Comic Book Day and everything:
Would you like more? Here are reviews of the rest of it. Spoilers: Adams' views on the expanding earth are referenced:
Gotta say, they didn't plan those URLs at all.
Dangit, some more poorly-thought-out URLs:
That was a hell of a read, Bort, and I now feel I know enough to click play on the video to use as background noise.
So..., what other absolute trainwreck comics do you know about?
Absolute trainwrecks are few and far between. You can pick up a lot of Silver Age madness with this handy link:
The old Superman, Superboy, and Batman stories are generally the best; but when the Legion of Superheroes show up, it's always a special treat:
|Spike Jonez - 2016-05-07 |
These people have a hard time understanding stuff coming from other stuff, especially if there's evidence of it. But stuff coming from nothing? OBVIOUSLY TRUE FOR REASONS.
How else do you get the Hulk?
"HULK GAIN HUNDREDS OF KILOGRAMS OF MASS OUT OF NOWHERE!"
Hulk know matter and energy equivalent, Hulk super scientist! Hulk convert electrochemical rage into baryonic matter! Hulk atom smash!
|memedumpster - 2016-05-08 |
Oh man, this guy is one of those batshit insane plasma alternative word salad cosmologists that infest science websites. He even has the pure hatred of real science and the infinite smugness for being that way common to them.
|kingarthur - 2016-05-08 |
I have a soft spot in my heart for crackpot comics creators. Something about sitting in front of the drawing board all day doing the same t hing over and over just breaks them. Here's a list:
1. Dave Sim (The King of All Crackpot Comics Creators)
2. Steve Ditko (The VP)
3. Neal Adams
4. Scott Adams (The president)
5. Al Hartley (He nearly took down Archie Comics)
6. Grant Morrison (though he's somewhat backed off from his psycho-magickal pseudo woo)
7. Pretty much anyone that wrote for Spire Christian Comics.
8. Robert Crumb (but he's so lovably broken, especially compared to how just plain broken his brothers are/were)
9. Chester Brown (but at least he is aware on some level that he is a soul-less libertarian automaton).
10. Alvin Schwartz, whose life may be the victim of plagiarism from Grant Morrison.
6. That was the ruination of a greatly creative person (unless 10 is the case). Kid Eternity (a comic Grant Morrison wont even acknowledge) is worth a trillion All Star Supermen.
8. I'd beat a fire out with the last copy in existence of the Epic of Gilgamesh, losing that story forever, to save my Mr. Natural comics.
| Register or login To Post a Comment|