Samisyosam Man, I totally want my back scratched now after watching that.
StanleyPain I wonder what happened after the video. I remember reading awhile back that most people's reactions to these guys is "aww cute!" and to touch and pet them, only to wind up later with pain in their hands from the natural toxins these guys give off. Maybe this one is different.
Old_Zircon I didn't know about the toxins! There are tons of videos of people petting these things on youtube.
NoCode I don't know anything about toxic lorises, but most mammals that produce toxic secretions get the toxins from their diets. So if a captive loris isn't eating any creepy leaves, it might be OK to snuggle it.
Blackbetta "Slow lorises can produce a toxin which they mix with their saliva and use as protection against enemies. Mothers will lick this toxin onto their offspring before leaving them to search for food. The toxin is produced by glands on the insides of their elbows. The lorises lick or suck it into their mouths and deliver it when they bite. The toxin is not known to be fatal to man, but causes a painful swelling."
That's from Wikipedia, so if you don't like it you can change it.
StanleyPain AH...perhaps they are not as toxic as I was lead to believe. Oh well..doesn't matter.....they are groovy little creatures.