|Udderdude - 2008-05-20 |
|Caminante Nocturno - 2008-05-20 |
The real star of this video is the voice of the pilot.
|StanleyPain - 2008-05-20 |
I never thought I would see the day when Seagal was so z-grade that he would be in an action movie where an out of control helicopter had to simulated by spinning the footage around wildly.
He's also fat.
Oh, I've seen it. On Deadly Ground and Fire Down Below are, I think, the absolute magnum opuses of the Seagal filmography. It's the culmination of his mainstream, theatrical phase into something quite beautiful.
I just meant that I'm amazed someone would bother with a no-budget film just to put him in it. He's not really much of a draw. I've worked at a video store for 5 years and no one ever wants all those straight to video ones. Even the ones with rappers.
Maybe people watch these on pay-per-view or airplanes or something. (?)
The Wikipedia article on On Deadly Ground is full of gems:
"Taft, with Masu's help, assures that the refinery does not go on line, using Seagal's trademark blend of aikido and terrorism."
"Male anatomy takes center stage, but is strangely showcased without any (intentional) humor: Overdubbed sound portions of the first fight scene are notable for Taft's victims calling out the injured portions of their bodies ("my nuts!" and "my balls!"), as Taft puts them in their place. These voice tracks do not match the film, as the victims are either dazed or grimacing, and not visibly vocalizing."
"Some audiences felt that the scene of Hugh Palmer being tortured and killed was too violent and sadistic. Other audiences did not comment on this."
|glendower - 2008-05-20 |
|chumbucket - 2008-05-20 |
Mayday, Mayday, realism slipping away, Mayday
|dancingshadow - 2008-05-20 |
pew pew pew
|yoyo1 - 2008-05-21 |
This movie main interest is to watch a segal so fat that he can't even button his jacket. His face also seems to be constantly sweating butter.
|gambol - 2008-08-22 |
Seagal shot his scenes in the backyard.
|kingofthenothing - 2009-02-21 |
holy crap. That was awful on so many levels.
1. The guys in the helicopter with better weapons didn't think to shoot back
2. the middle of the helicopter exploded for no good reason
3. why did the helicopter start spinning?
4. the helicopter didn't even wait to LAND to explode first. That was cheesy.
5. I'm pretty sure taxis don't take crazy guys with guns out to the woods
6. Steven Seagal got damn lucky because he was out of bullets. The helicopter must have exploded because he didn't feel like reloading.
7. If you look closely you can see the explosion start where there's just air in the middle of the helicopter. It just comes from thin air and blows the rest of the chopper apart.
8. Also, the guns and shooter guys have mysteriously vanished just before the explosion.
|Merzbau - 2009-09-20 |
I'll take you to the bank, Senator.
The EXPLODING HELICOPTER bank.
|The Mothership - 2013-02-27 |
twirling twirling twirling towards freedom.
| Register or login To Post a Comment|