|Dr. Lobotomy - 2008-06-01 |
I don't know why but I was more intrigued by the previous trailer, this one doesn't even try to hide the fact that Capcom simply went Resident Evil 4: Africa.
I mean, Black Chainsaw Guy with a bag on his head? Come on, I know it's Capcom but still.
|Cheese - 2008-06-01 |
Note 1: White person enemies
Note 2: Holy Shit!
|StanleyPain - 2008-06-01 |
I dunno.. My estimations of this game have gone down a few notches since the original, jaw-dropping trailer.
1. Making the enemies into monsters. Blade 2 monsters, to boot. It was so much creepier when they were just infected weirdos with cold stares. Also, it's cheap. I'm already having flash-forwards of taking damage from that shit without being able to do anything about it.
2. The voices are terrible. I know..."BUT IT'S RESIDENT EVIL!", but c'mon. And I'm willing to bet not one single African speaks an African dialect in the game, again ruining the atmosphere.
3. -2 stars for another tired fucking video game cliche: SCANTILY CLAD HOT WOMEN WITH GUNS SHOOTING THINGS. Jesus, come on.
It's like Michael Bay got ahold of the franchise or something.
NERD COUNTER POINT
1) It's the same virus as RE4, hence cordyceps-esque mutations are expected.
2) Every enemy in RE4 spoke the native language, so why think this.
3) Tank top + pants in African desert =/= SCANTILY CLAD
4) You may be dead inside.
2. have you seen any of the Nollywood trailers posted here?
I half expected the megaphone guy to shout
RESIDENT EVIL FIVE
RESIDENT EVIL FIVE
Resident Evil has always been fucktarted, just enjoy the action
|DMKA - 2008-06-01 |
Five stars for:
"Resident Evil 5's E3 trailer sparked controversy with its depiction of a Caucasian protagonist killing hostile African villagers. African-American Newsweek editor N'Gai Croal, began the criticism by stating, "There was a lot of imagery in that trailer that dovetailed with classic racist imagery." He nonetheless acknowledges that only the preview has been released."
|Caminante Nocturno - 2008-06-01 |
Dr. Salvador has family all over the world.
|Camonk - 2008-06-01 |
I'd play the SHIT out of that game.
|zatojones - 2008-06-01 |
"I know it may sound risky to make a game where a white guy goes to Africa and slaughters hordes of monstrous black people, but we plan to add a vaguely black looking female protagonist so it should all balance out in the end right?"
|Princess v2.1 - 2008-06-01 |
Looks as stupid as ever. Boy, do I wish Barry Burton was the star of this game. Imagine the trailer; Barry fighting his way through hordes of zombies, surrounded. A voice erupts over his earpiece; "Barry do you need backup?" "Don't worry about me" he replies, brandishing the gun to his face. "I have this!"
|a flaming monkey - 2008-06-01 |
One superbuff white guy VS the undernourished hordes of Africa. Nice going Capcom.
PS I want this game!!!!!!!!!!
|TheDevilsDictionary - 2008-06-02 |
I am secure enough to shoot thousands of zombie black people in this game.
a flaming monkey
Well, they could have at least added some Afrikaners or something. I like a nice, ethnically diverse group of cannon fodder.
|Adham Nu'man - 2008-06-02 |
"Take that you filthy nigg... I mean, alien!"
|buttnutt - 2008-06-22 |
resident evil: heart of darkness?
the game looks hot but seriously whats the deal with the hunched over shirtless black guy banging a stick on the ground like he's one of the monkeys from the beginning of 2001
| Register or login To Post a Comment|