|The Great Hippo |
There's actually a pretty well-established tradition of emphasis on the purity of homosexual love over heterosexual love in Greek history. In The Republic, Socrates claims heterosexuality is dangerous and homosexuality is far preferable for a healthy society. He also proposes the Sacred Army of Thebes, a military unit made up of young, lustful gay men--he believes their attraction and mutual love would inspire them to fight more fervently to protect one another.
Gay identity has existed for thousands of years. People who say otherwise need to go read a fucking book.
The Great Hippo
Oh, yeah. And Oscar Wilde was so gay that they sent him to PRISON. I mean, fuck, that's pretty gay (and it beats this douchebag's "Gay identity is a recent invention!" by a good half century).
Also, has it ever occurred to these sort of people that the reason a lot of gays have psychological issues is because they've been encouraged to suppress their sexuality?
They do read a book. A book you should read every single day.
'Those Who Trespass' by Bill O'Reilly?
|wtf japan |
Nice argument there, Aquinas. If good is that which is in accordance with fundamental human nature, and human nature is fundamentally evil due to original sin , then we have problems, right? And even if homosexuality is a result of psychological trauma, it'd be difficult to classify it as immoral. Are phobias immoral? Sure, they're unnatural, but they're a much greater threat to a functioning society than regulated homosexuality.
Give it up, guy. Reason stopped being your buddy when he first found out where you were getting your premises.
|Yellow Lantern |
Oh man, I hope they signed Matt Damon for The Bourne Gay Hoax.
I enjoy these exchanges of ideas.
Homosexuality may have only been directly observed in 2% of species, but that doesn't mean that a lack of homosexuality has been directly observed in the other 98%.
Ten million stars for the "Does your dog bark with a lisp?" argument. My god.
This is full of stars.
"Queering doesn't make the world work"
By his calculations if queering won't make the world work than neither will Obama.
I believe the biologist he cites is Joan Roughgarden... who is herself transgendered. From what little I just read on her, I have no fucking clue how she supports his ramblings.
It must be another biologist with a similar name...
| Register or login To Post a Comment|