| 73Q Music Videos | Vote On Clips | Submit | Login   |

Reddit Digg Stumble Facebook
Desc:They disagree.
Category:Classic TV Clips, Arts
Tags:David Lynch, Dennis Hopper, siskel and ebert, Kyle McLachlan
Submitted:John Holmes Motherfucker
View Ratings
Register to vote for this video

People Who Liked This Video Also Liked:
Why do Cinematic Universes that aren’t Marvel so often Fail?
Silicone Baby
Charlie Brooker's 2015 Wipe
Tea Bag Tax Protest
Bronies at Anthrocon
Marjoe (1972)
Boobs - Japanese Video Games are Full of Them.
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - Tofu Mode
First video in years - Masao
Computer Dreams Part 1 of 3
Comment count is 19
Nikon - 2012-06-25
Dennis Hopper is great in this movie.
John Holmes Motherfucker - 2012-06-25
Ebert's bizarre reaction is all the more so when you consider his screenplay for Russ Meyer, and when you consider what this film did for Rosellini's career. I can't account for it, but Ebert is a good critic, and Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is a kick-ass screenplay, This is about as wrong as he's ever been. It was a personal reaction to a movie that sets out to be disturbing. He's to be forgiven.
WHO WANTS DESSERT - 2012-06-25
Agreed. I don't judge movie critics on whether or not their tastes line up with THE GREAT FILM CANON, especially decades after the fact.

memedumpster - 2012-06-25
Roger Ebert has dumbass tourette. He lives his life in a continuum of film genius punctuated with involuntary idiotic opinions about awesome things.

Paracelsus - 2012-06-25
There are few people who write about great film with more heart than Roger Ebert. He's absolutely spot-on 96% of the time, which is what makes the other 4% so frustrating.

chumbucket - 2012-06-25
Roger doesn't seem to understand what acting is all about, (oh yeah that's right, I forgot, he's a movie critic). I miss Gene.
Jet Bin Fever - 2012-06-25
I love watching the bald guy argue with the fat tub of lard.
Aelric - 2012-06-25
Ebert removed his jaw to ate Siskel!

Aelric - 2012-06-25
Errr, AND ate Siskel, not TO. Stupid drunk typing!! Shame, I am starting to think I'm PorTV's designated mistyper after 6 years of fucking comments up.

Sudan no1 - 2012-06-26
"Ebert removed his jaw to ate Siskel!" is funnier.

DriverStabby - 2013-02-25
Yes. Stars for "Ebert removed his jaw to ate Siskel!"

Aelric - 2012-06-25
It's strange to see the usually reserved Siskel actually defend something like Blue Velvet while the usually more open minded to film experimentation Ebert lash against it. Then again, Fuck that shit, Pabst Blue Ribbon. Seriously, it's a movie, they are critics. nothing new here is a literal sense.
cognitivedissonance - 2012-06-25
If I believe rightly, he recanted on his blog a few years ago.

Hooker - 2012-06-25
At 4:19, Ebert's collar is disshelved, but before and after it's fine.

Why on Earth did they decide to add a clip from some other time of Ebert getting hyper?
Riskbreaker - 2012-06-25
The movie leaves me a bit indifferent, Ebert is overeacting for sure. Still interesting to see them argue, can't think of any critics these days that are this fun to watch.
John Holmes Motherfucker - 2012-06-25
I feel like Ebert had a visceral negative reaction to the film, which is not that hard to understand, and felt compelled to give a lucid reason for it. Being a film critic, he couldn't just say "this movie creeped me out". He had to rationalize an irrational impulse, and that can get pretty strained.
misterbuns - 2012-06-25
Please tell me more about the mythic elegance of Prometheus, Mr. Ebert.
Riskbreaker - 2012-06-25
He basically said it looks coo, and that was it, nothing more. Not that Blue Velvet has a super complex story, but Prometheus is basically a glorified b-movie, but hey, check those sets!

John Holmes Motherfucker - 2013-07-18
If these guys had embraced Patch Adams and the healing power of laughter, they might not have both died of cancer.
Register or login To Post a Comment

Video content copyright the respective clip/station owners please see hosting site for more information.
Privacy Statement