The official trailers are a lot funnier than any parody anyone could ever do. Don't know why they haven't already been submitted - some of the most wince-inducing offal Japan has ever produced.
I think XIII may at last be the game to make me quit the Final Fantasy series.
It keeps getting progressively worse and now it's totally alienating it's fanbase, yet I still run out and buy each new installment then put 60 to 100 hours into it.
With shitty translations and crude graphics I was able to fool myself into thinking that they were fun, goofy little melodramas with weird monsters and characters back in the day. I think that delusion continued up until 7. Now that every buckle in feathery lock is rendered in preposterous detail there are no gaps for my mind to fill in and I finally understand how unbelievably awful the people who make and play these things are. The stories and characters followed along with the tech and now they're completely insufferable. People think anime is bad, but every modern Final Fantasy is literally ten shitty animes superimposed over each other and blaring at full volume.
up until 8 I mean - 7 is okay by me really.
"it's totally alienating its fanbase."
secret of evermore was better than at least half the final fantasy games combined.
You just say that because it was made by Americans. :p
Even though it's probably true.
No it wasn't.
I am not saying that in defense of Final Fantasy, but in condemnation of Evermore.
I have to agree with Caminante. Secret of Evermore was a steaming pile. And yes, I think Final Fantasy 8 was when I the sickening epiphany, "... I hate these games."
Secret of Evermore is the Phantom Menace of Squaresoft games.
By which I mean, just because it's the black sheep of a huge franchise with an incredibly obnoxious fanbase, does not mean you're indie-cool for defending it on the internet. It just means you have terrible judgment, because it is terrible.
I am proud to never have raped a baby. I am proud to never have shit on a nun's face. I am proud to never have played any final fantasy.
Hey! Shitting on a nun's face is way less shameful than playing a final fantasy game!
Unless she asked for it.
|Doctor Arcane |
I remember when JRPGs didn't suck? Chronotrigger, Secret of Mana, Phantasy Star 2 etc, etc. FF lead the entire genre down a hole of self-pretentious girly men and 20 minute long cut-scenes.
JRPG's always sucked.
Chronotrigger and Mana were part of the exceptional 1% that were good. Back then, only that 1% got translated for US release, because it was a niche genre. Now it's not, so the other 99% have come along for the ride, drowning the few good titles in the genre in a torrent of poop.
Not that WRPG's are any better.
Wales makes excellent RPGs. YOU TAKE THAT BACK
You may need to see the official trailer to really appreciate this.
WHERE ARE YOU WALKING
Pretending to walk in front of a green screen is usually pretty funny.
| Register or login To Post a Comment|