Oh shit, IT IS!
January 17, 2010
Want to Subscribe?
Sign In or Sign Up now!
I will be making a video explaining the full terms of the compromise that I have reached with Shawn. I know that many of you wanted me to take Shawn to court. I know that others thought that I wa...
I will be making a video explaining the full terms of the compromise that I have reached with Shawn.
I know that many of you wanted me to take Shawn to court. I know that others thought that I was persecuting Shawn. In the end I had to take a decision as to what I considered was the right thing to do.
Let me explain a few points which I will expand upon (to a degree) in the video I intend to make;
1. I was aware that Jordanowen42 had been in contact with Shawn's father for many months. I was privy to some of the exchanges between them and occasionally assisted Jordan in formulated his responses. I am aware that there are a number of people who suggest that Jordan has invented the whole exchange as explained in his video;
This is a nonsense.
2. More recently I have been in contact with Shawn's father myself. Initially by e-mail and subsequently by skype conversation. On a number of occasions thunderf00t has been party to those conversations. On one occasion both thunderf00t and myself were involved in a group conversation with Shawn, his father and his mother.
3. I gave Shawn my skype address and invited him to contact me at any time. He did so last night. As a result I again had a conversation with him; that conversation included thunderf00t and FactVsReligion. As a consequence of previous conversations and last night's conversation Shawn agreed to make this video. Whilst we advised him as to its contents, it was not scripted and was made entirely by him.
4. I have made it clear to Shawn that if he does not seek the treatment that he, and his family, consider he requires, then I will take legal action against him, and I have many years in which to do so. He is fully aware of this. Provided he remains off the internet (both youtube and his website) and gets the therapy he needs I will not take action against him.
5. In reaching my decision I have had regard to what is best for Shawn and also (and perhaps more importantly) what his family, and in particular his father, considers best.
6. His family are very kind and considerate people. I do not want them to suffer any more than they have already. Of all the matters that I took into consideration this was perhaps the most significant.
7. Shawn is aware that this is his absolute last chance. Please allow him to take advantage of it. I am not gloating at the fact that he has left youtube. I hope that others will not do so either.
8. Please allow him and his family to resolve this matter without harrassment. Both Shawn and his family know that if he does not do so then he faces legal consequences.
9. This may be the first genuine, and thereby the most significant, step that Shawn has made to getting the help he needs.
10. To the sycophants that rally around him, please think for a moment. You are not helping Shawn or his family if you pester him. Leave him alone. (And please stop dropping my docs.)
Finally, to Shawn; I wish you the very best. Thank you for making this video. Call me on skype whenever you want."