|The Great Hippo - 2008-08-20 |
Thank God a politician's finally got the balls to say this.
As an aside, Buttsex, I find it strange how you claim (or at least imply) that you arrive at your beliefs through rational thinking and investigating the alternatives, and yet constantly engage in clear misrepresentation of facts. Take your argument against the Articles of Tripoli--instead of addressing the fact that LEGISLATION HAS BEEN PASSED UNANIMOUSLY AND WITHOUT COMMENT THAT WE ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN GOVERNMENT--you just point out that a lot of the same people loved Christianity.
Or this--the fact that Obama says "We're not the perfect model for the rest of the world" doesn't exclude him believing we're still pretty awesome, or even #1. It just means he thinks we need to do better.
OH SHIT A POLITICIAN THINKS WE NEED TO IMPROVE WTF AMERICA IS #1
FOUR MORE YEARS
FOUR MORE YEARS
FOUR MORE YEARS OF NO (or negative) CHANGE
The Great Hippo
And while we're at it, Buttsex, let's just have it all out:
* There's no such thing as racial impurity. Race is bullshit. There's only negative culture, and that's something anyone can grow out of.
* America isn't a Christian government, and it's only a Christian nation by measure of majority.
* Islam as a religion isn't any more preventative towards democracy than Christianity is. The prevalent CULTURE is, but that's because they never recovered after missing out on the Industrial Revolution. The answer to this isn't genocide (you stupid fuck), but to undermine old ideas with new ideas (pushing for unrestricted internet access, for instance). See 'no such thing as racial impurity' above.
* Conservatism hasn't been conservatism ever since, Jesus-Fuck, I don't know--Reagan? I'd probably BE a conservative if the movement looked ANYTHING like a reductionist government. Also, on this note--morality and reality are not congruent fucking concepts, you stupid twit; legislating morality isn't going to magically make things better.
* Also on that note, gay marriage doesn't destroy economies and doesn't undermine a nation's power. Why the fuck does everyone think religion has a monopoly on marriage, anyway? What the fuck? Do Christians SERIOUSLY think no one got married before Jesus Christ came along?
* Finally, ignore everything I said above because I'm still waiting for suggestions on the best way to kill Islam's children. This is important and I think we need to figure out a proper method right up front, because a lot of liberal pansies are going to try and whine about how we can't murder babies. But what they don't understand (like you and I understand, Buttsex) is that these are evil SAND BABIES and their DNA has EVIL and SUICIDE BOMBING in it, and there's no way to face this sort of evil but to DEFEAT IT (and not ignore it like OSAMA HUSSEIN plans on doing).
Okay I'm done now.
My thing about this is that someone has to be the model for the world. SOMEONE out there sets the example which all other countries strive to emulate.
If it's not us, the listener must ask themselves who it is. To me, America is the best country in the world because it defeated Communism, saved Europe from Nazism, gave the world cell phones, cured a plethora of horrible diseases, provided carrying capacity, gave the world cheap bread, and tries to instill democracy and healthy living in the countries it goes to war with. It gives more in philanthropic outlays than any other democratic country, and is the least racist country, inviting the people of the world to come and take part in the bounties of good, hard work.
What other model would you like?
The Great Hippo
How the fuck did America 'defeat' communism? Communism IMPLODED because it's probably the stupidest idea ever ("Hookay if everyone puts all their stuff in a pile and we just take stuff out when we need it, it'll be totally fair and--HEY WAIT WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ALL THE STUFF?!").
As for the perfect model, I'm sure we'd disagree on what it ultimately should be, but it's a theoretical concept and not a physical concept. Claiming America is the model other nations should follow is claiming America is perfect; I don't think even YOU'D claim that.
So what other country do you think we should model ourselves after? Who should the nations follow?
The Great Hippo
Fuck Norway, I vote Australia. They've got KANGAROOS.
I love how you guys turn to jokes when you can't answer my questions.
"which country should we follow then?"
"Uhhhhh... OH NO PANIC KANGAROOS A JOKE"
GREAT HIPPO... for the first statement you made.
1) Race exists. Sorry. Look at how IQ differs among racial groups, especially in old age after the effects of different childhoods on intelligence diminish.
2) I know. That's what I've always meant... I just think we should kick the Muslims out.
3) See "Sharia Law" and "Caliphate"
4) Homosexuality undermines attitudes toward relationship stability by promoting rampant and unrestricted sexuality. It is immoral, and the push for gay marriage is an attempt to force America to accept gay sex.
5) Move the muslim kids to Mexico, tell them they're catholic. They won't be able to tell the difference, since they look the same and have about the same levels of intelligence.
Come on, Billy. This is the ,000 question:
Why is Norway a joke?
Remember, this is for the whole shebang! YOU CAN DO IT BIRRY BUTTSEX
The Great Hippo
No country. Like I said (I guess you just don't read too good? ):), a 'perfect model' is a theoretical thing. I'd say there are a lot of things America has done that other countries should (and have) followed us on; simultaneously, there are things other countries have done that have been incredibly successful and we might want to take a look at (and in some instances, we have). This whole idea that one country is right, one country must be the model, one country should lead and the rest should follow--it's actually pretty indicative of why you're a douchebag and no one really NEEDS to take you seriously.
Stog: Norway is a joke because the rest of the world isn't trying to move into Norway. The people of the world have decided your answer was retarded, not me.
The Great Hippo
1) Oh, did you find a study that correlates those figures in terms of economic disparity? What's that? You mean you ignored the most important statistical factor in intelligence studies? Oh, that's okay. I'm sure it wasn't *that* important.
2) And the darkies, amirite?
3) ALL religions have codified law systems. Jesus, Levicitus is nothing BUT a codified law system. It's a natural part of a religion's evolution to phase these laws out; Islam hasn't done this because it's growth as a culture was stunted by missing out on the Industrial Revolution.
4) Not only is that a paper written by those with ulterior motives, but it ignores several key factors (such as the stigma of a woman in a man-woman relationship reporting abuse, versus the lack of stigma in a MAN in a man-man relationship--or a woman in a woman-woman relationship--reporting it). Also, your belief in the immorality of homosexuality is based on cherry-picked selections from the Bible and a general aversion to the idea of a guy sticking his pee-pee in another guy's hiney-hole.
5) Then they'll just sneak back across the border and mow our lawns for outrageously low wages. Try again!
I'm just going to cut to the chase and call everyone in this thread a moron. You all know why.
My dear Hippopotamus,
1) doesn't matter. The chinese have a lower standard of living than we do, and their IQ is seven points higher than ours on average. Blacks also do far worse than their white counterparts on the SAT, oftentimes regardless of the school they choose. Check it out!
2) No, blacks have a right to stay here, they just have to stop bitching. Turns out that according to congressional reports, they're the only minority that die along whites in our wars. They're pulling their weight, I say. An American hero is an American hero, and the blackies have plenty.
3) So Islam is still in the "kill gays" phase. What do you propose we do? Is it our fault they haven't "evolved" to "modern times" yet? If they're to be part of American civilization, do we force them to assimilate, or what?
4) If you'd looked closely, most of the info they used was from gay organizations or government data. Some of it could be argued, but most of it was legit.
5) Seal the border.
"Homosexuality undermines attitudes toward relationship stability by promoting rampant and unrestricted sexuality. "
Replace Homosexuality with "College" and it'd be more believable.
Billy, we were thiiiiis close to siding with the nazis, a perfect storm of highly unlikely events led to us siding with the Allies.
1 Germany really liked us because we were the first country to enact eugenics laws, also we were really racist back then and Hitler loved that.
2 Charles Lindbergh's babby was kidnapped, tragically causing him to drop out of the running for the President. He was a Nazi sympathizer and would have allied us wth them.
3 Japan attacked us and they were allied with nazis so when we declared war against Japan Germany declared war on us.
btw- you should have made a new screennane for yourself before you started this new troll tactic.
Most respectable European geneticists at the time of WW2 and the decades before were eugenicists. The only thing that changed that was the pr nightmare of the holocaust, which is ironic because the Jews are historically known for being the most racist people of all time (See the Old Testament).
What people forget is that the human race is inherently eugenic in mindset. The whole concept of choosing a mate is the most basic practice of eugenics, and completely healthy and normal. The fact that we have a horribly politically skewed perception of genetics is a testament to the power of modern media control, if you ask me.
Also worth mentioning: most whites in the US are Germans, and a lot more of them hadn't had their families here for long enough to forget ties to the Fatherland.
Grimcity: you're brainwashed. Go to a gay bar or a gay parade.
I'm sorry, Grimcity. That was rude of me. I was just reall annoyed by your false depiction of Jesus... I'll keep cool around you from now on.
whoops! wrong convo... check the other one for context.
Billy, you obviously know nothing about Norway.
As someone who considered ex-patriating into Norway (and has done their homework on the country and has spent some considerable time there) I can safely say that you have no clue what you are talking about.
Norway does have immigration, and immigration is a large issue in Norway. The reason they don't have the numbers we have is that they don't share a very large border with a poorer country and they have very strict immigration laws.
To just live in Norway (and not to be a naturalized citizen) you have to prove that you have enough money to live in Norway for a full year and that you have adequate housing, a job, income, and specify what your plans/goals are while living there.
I remember talking to the consulate and it was a lot of hoops to get there - and the money was the main reason I didn't do it.
Norway could very well be a great model for the rest of the world however. It has a nearly 100% literacy rate. It has low crime. It has beautiful landscapes and great conservation practices. It has the highest standard of living in the world.
Billy, if you would just open your eyes you would realize that we aren't number one in everything and the reason we aren't is because instead of fixing what's wrong with this country and being honest with ourselves we've deluded ourselves with patriotism. I mean, how dare we try to question or improve existing practices if you're considered unpatriotic for doing so?
If you go along thinking you're number one all the time without even questioning your own government you end up with North Korea.
How can a country that produced Ihsahn and Immortal be that bad? Go Norway! WOOT!
Bill ButtSex: Responsibility, particularly individual responsibility I think you would agree, is deeply rooted American value. Given that, if we look at the word as nations acting individually to better the quality of life for their citizens and societies therein, it is following the logic I laid out, our duty as a country to lead and support and encourage countries working towards successes we have already achieved.
So you know as an aside. Capitalism as thought by our founders, was the most efficient way to raise the quality of life for more people more often, given there is never enough either money or goods to bring everyone up at once. See: The American Revolution: Three Views by American Brands, Inc. New York 1975.
The purpose of Capitalism is to make life better for people. Since our country has embraced that method, it follows we act within the world to encourage and help others.
pardon my typos :( need more coffee this morning
Sir, isn't the government molly-coddling the citizens the opposite of self-responsibility? The purpose of capitalism is to enable people to make life better FOR THEMSELVES. This whole idea of our government going out and making other countries better is kinda the antithesis of the ideal you just espoused.
You know, Billy, I've tried to play the rational medium between you and the rest of the folks here, perhaps in an attemt to prove to myself that I could keep a debate civil despite completely disagreeing with the other party. I give up, you are on your own now, kid. Facts speaking for themselves: you have long ago exited the difference of opinion territory you had with religion and other political areas, but with the statement "Look at how IQ differs among racial groups", you officail have dived into the make shit up becasue I'm a stupid ignorant fucking rascist teritory. Congradulations, you've successfully alienated the only thing resembling an ally you had on the site. Now, can we all just realize this is the internet, shut the fuck up with political bullshit and get back to ammusing videos. Fuck, I really can't wait until the goddamn election is over.
Aelric - "Congratulations, you've successfully alienated the only thing resembling an ally you had on the site."
You're really Cena_Mark?
At the risk of adding to this trainwreck, let me add Hippo's comment about the Tripoli treaty is simply incorrect.
The original text of the treaty (and the signed) doesn't contain anything about America not being a "christian nation." The phrase appears to exist only as a translational error.
"So Islam is still in the "kill gays" phase. What do you propose we do? Is it our fault they haven't evolved to modern times yet? If they're to be part of American civilization, do we force them to assimilate, or what?"
Let's play Word Substitution Fun Time!!!
So Billy Buttsex is still in the "gays aren't people and should be locked up, kill the non-believers, white power, the darkies be eatin watermelon" phase. What do you propose we do? Is it our fault he hasn't evolved to modern times yet? If he's to be part of American civilization, do we force him to assimilate, or what?
The Great Hippo
Actually, Ryo, you're mistaken. The version that was passed in the Senate did read 'America is not a Christian nation', blah blah blah. The translation handed out to other countries was riddled with translation errors, but it had nothing to do with the English version.
This is a pretty common error to make, though.
|sheikurbouti - 2008-08-20 |
We've had an uncritical administration for about 8 years - and things are ROCKIN'!
|zatojones - 2008-08-20 |
I for one can't see how he can look at America as it stands today and not see how awesome an example it is to the world. It's not like we're Russia or something all invading and occupying a country in the face of the world's condemnation.
Dude... PUH-LEASE. Georgia attacked an area that had a Russian citizen majority. The world needs to shut up and let Russia fight back.
Oh you mean just like Iraq attacked an area that had a US Citizen Majority... oh wait...
I'm pretty sure no conservatives think we attacked Saddam because he had something to do with 9/11.
billy if you wish to be a conservative, please emulate Andrew Bacevich: http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/08152008/watch.html
Former Army Colonel, now historian and professor at Boston U.
"I'm pretty sure no conservatives think we attacked Saddam because he had something to do with 9/11."
At one point 70% of the public believed that (thanks to the administration repeatedly saying as much). Now its gone down to 33%, and still a majority of conservatives.
I mean, you either lack any awareness, or are just trolling. Actually "HamedTurban" is so stupid it has to be the later.
I would not have been so crass as to insult HamedTurban as you did, even though we disagree. What's your problem?
There's a user named ''HamedTuban''? I should apologize to him!
Oh no wait, its just a racist pun a 5 year old would consider juvenile.
The funny thing is, Billy Buttsex either has no idea who Harriet Tubman is or thinks "HamedTurban" is funny.
Either one is pretty sad.
Billy Buttsex is ygurts and he's trolling the fuck out of all of you.
|Camonk - 2008-08-20 |
What? What? We don't have any problems at all! We never have! The Civil War is a myth.
|Helena Handbasket - 2008-08-20 |
I dunno. I think we ARE a model, just not a GOOD one.
|PlushJake - 2008-08-20 |
Why are all the hottest models from small former soviet countries?
|NoCode - 2008-08-20 |
In an attempt to make me think Obama is lame, Billy Buttsex only strengthened my resolve to vote for him. The man is the best thing to happen to politics in a long time.
|Modern Angel - 2008-08-20 |
Jesus Christ. Buttsex was poking fun at conservatives in a year old video (can't recall which) I was watching the other day. This isn't even a good troll, people.
sometimes people just need an opportunity to hear themselves utter things, myself included. for that billy is number one.
|Xenocide - 2008-08-20 |
Calling America perfect, insisting we have no problems at all, that's not patriotism. That's cowardice. That's refusal to accept a simple reality, that this is not a utopia and that we have things we can fix. Anyone can love something perfect (or rather, that they think is perfect.)
But it takes courage to say "this place ISN'T perfect, in fact, it has a lot of problems, but I love it anyway." That's patriotism. It's wanting to make the country better, not putting your fingers in your ears while it rots and stagnates. And you can't fix a problem you don't think exists.
Last week in Beijing, Bush straight-out told a reporter "America doesn't have any problems." We've all seen what kind of leader that sort of thinking produces.
|StanleyPain - 2008-08-20 |
The great thing about Obama is that when he says great things, people wearing NeoCon-issued stupid-goggles automatically transliterate it into something HORRIBLE and think that if they pass that note to the rest of the class, everyone will gasp in horror. Then it turns out that the sane, rational, real human beings hear what he's saying as a thoughtful bit of personal philosophy rather than a canned little, fortune-cookie answer to complex issues, and then the NeoCons get even angrier because it makes them self-aware of their stupid-goggles.
Dearest Billy, if you're trying to make Obama look bad, you have chosen poor weapons to do so. Like trying to take down a Sherman tank with a bag of uncooked ramen.
|Thatcher Pennywhistle - 2008-08-20 |
Wow, you're taking it to another level.
"To me, America is the best country in the world because it defeated Communism, saved Europe from Nazism, gave the world cell phones..."
I tip my hat to you.
|GuyCorngood - 2008-08-20 |
Buttsex is back showing all you weak-ass trolls how to do it.
|Keefu - 2008-08-20 |
Billy Buttsex, I must say I have a slight crush on you for being a big jerky troll, whether it is intentional or not. Shine on.
Anyway 5 stars for the comments.
|SolRo - 2008-08-20 |
billy is unimportant and doesn't deserve a rating, unless it's to counter his self-5-staring...meh, even then I can't bring my self to care enough
|takewithfood - 2008-08-20 |
Please stop feeding the troll.
|themilkshark - 2008-08-20 |
YAY BILLY BUTTSEX 4 WINNING POE
|Honest Abe - 2008-08-20 |
| Register or login To Post a Comment|